Cloud optimisation reduces cloud resource waste by selecting, provisioning, and right-sizing the resources you spend on specific cloud features. An optimised cloud helps your organisation achieve objectives more efficiently.
The cloud offers organisations unlimited scalability and lower IT costs by only charging for the resources you use. But the truth about Amazon Web Services (AWS) pricing and Microsoft Azure pricing is that cloud customers pay for the resources they order, whether they use them or not.
Gartner estimates that as much as 70% of cloud costs are wasted.
Cloud optimization is not a one-time deployment that holds forever. It is a continuous improvement process. The process can be an integral part of Continuous Deployment, where developers continually push code changes to improve specific areas of an application in the cloud.
Our cloud optimisation solutions save time and costs, so that your engineers and scientists can focus on improving lives.
Priorities during cloud optimisation
- Improving application & system efficiency
- Reducing costs by improving infrastructure productivity
- Improve organisation-wide innovation by employing appropriate cloud resources at scale
Principles of our cloud optimisation
We focus on building a balanced, performant & secure clouds for your organisation. The 6 foundational principles that we follow are,
- Maximise cloud efficiency. When workload performance, compliance, and cost are continually balanced against the best-fit infrastructure in real-time, efficiency is achieved. Implementing cloud optimization practices will eliminate as much cloud resource waste as possible, increasing the performance of your cloud environment.
- Optimise cost. Although cloud optimization comes in a variety of forms, cost optimization is the most important component for many organisations. By reducing waste in the cloud, costs are reduced as a by-product.
- Increase visibility of cloud resources. Cloud optimization practices utilize analytics to provide visibility into your cloud environment to make data-driven decisions. Implementing optimization tools also provides cost visibility, so your organisation has a better perspective on cloud spend.
- Increase organisational productivity. Once a cloud optimization strategy is implemented, IT teams will spend less time trying to solve problems because an optimized environment prevents problems before they occur.
- Enable innovation & efficiency in the organsation. Implementing cloud optimization often is accompanied by a cultural shift within organisations such as improved decision-making and collaboration across teams.
Get in touch with us for an initial consult and know how we can help your organisation optimise its cloud infrastructure.